Friday, April 26, 2013

Flood Receding Fast

By Sunday, if not tomorrow, we should be able to drive to our house. We kayaked in this evening, and decided that there is no way to save the old carpet in our kitchen/dining area. Eight years ago when we moved in we contemplated tearing it out and replacing it with a treated plywood painted floor covered with area rugs. So now is the time to do that. Otherwise things look okay, though there is no word on when power might be back on. So tomorrow afternoon after we close the shop we'll be heading back to tear up carpet. We had a nice garden area with a board fence; the fence is now piled up in our yard as the picture indicates.