Friday, July 20, 2012

A Day Away

John and I have been sticking close to home during this Michigan hot summer, but decided to take a little road trip last Sunday and Monday, staying in Luddington for the night. Here is John with a bouquet of wild flowers I picked for him while he was tasting wine at a winery we found on a back country road. Our time away was a perfect mini-vacation, except for our stay at Lakeside Motel. I learned a good lesson: NEVER stay anywhere before checking the reviews online. Fourteen of the 19 reviews gave it the worst rating possible. From the outside it look fine, and it was actually kind of pricy due to the location with window view of Lake Michigan. I checked the room before I put down money, but later, after we had returned from hiking, we realized it was not a very nice place to stay. I added my own review online, so now there are 15 terrible reviews.