Saturday, June 30, 2012

Walk in the Neighborhood

We don't live in what would necessarily be called an upscale neighborhood, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and here is some of what caught my eye this evening as I walked to the end of our road to the wetland.  Our own house is almost surrounded on the north side by a jungle, bordering on Don's wildflower yard-garden. Then next house up river is Lisa, and I spotted this 1968 pop-up camper that she bought for $500---very roomy inside with a lot of potential. The next house up is Dave and Lori's. Dave is a collector of old cars. The last house up river is Elaine's. She's lived on the Grand almost forever. Earlier Lisa's chickens were grazing in her yard, but all I saw with my camera in tow was rabbits, and they hopped away too fast for a snap.