Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Enjoying Sunshine

Life is good. We're spending 3 nights near Orlando in a luxury 3-bedroom condo, thanks to my son Carlton and his connections. We'll head off to Fort Myers on Friday and then back home next week. Carlton and Kayla are at Sea World today, so John and I hang around here and relax. I was sitting out on the deck in the sunshine reading the latest issue of National Geographic and noticed this photo. Goats are climbing an Argan tree in Morocco to enjoy some tasty nuts. It reminded me again of the sheep and goats in the Bible. I don't often criticize Jesus, but I think he had it wrong when he gives sheep the favored symbolism. Goats are incredibly resourceful and intelligent---and make wonderful pets, as Buzzy (my only childhood pet) demonstrated throughout her long life.