Saturday, February 03, 2007

WINTER WONDERLAND!

To my friends down South, you don't know what you're missing. You just can't beat a real Michigan winter. We've been skiing this week on trails near home through the woods and along the river. Unbelievable beauty--nature in her finest attire. True we have a big driveway to shovel, but I take that philosophically. Years ago while shoveling the drive at my business, a friend stopped by and sympathetically enquired if I might be able to hire someone to do it. I responded: Sure, I probably could; and I could probably hire someone to go to the club and work out for me. But, I choose to do the shoveling myself. It's my free health benefits program, I told him. I actually have acquaintances who hire people to shovel, mow, and rake--and then pay to go and work out at the club. I don't get it. I guess it's one of those unsolved puzzles of life.

The river is rising due to ice jams, so it could mean the road will be flooded (hopefully not our house) and we'll be housebound for a while. Wonderful place, though, to be housebound.