Saturday, January 06, 2007

"Let Your Women Keep Silence."

I was reminded of the above passage from 1 Cor. 14:34 (KJV) when I came across a quote from Elie Wiesel: "Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the oppressed. Silence comforts the tormenter, never the tormented." The women in the Christian Reformed Church are keeping their silence regarding my situation at the seminary. Not so in relation to the matter of women in office. Helen Sterk and others are planning a demonstration at the CRC Synod this June 9-16 at Calvin College. There have been no demonstrations against what happened to me. Why don't these women even have the curiousity to ask questions? Is it because they don't want to know the answers? Is it because I'm considered an "outsider"? If you have any thoughts email me at tuckerworst@comcast.net.