Tuesday, September 05, 2006

MY SEMINARY STORY, cont. . . .

Responses are coming in, more than I could have anticipated, and with amazing support and understanding. There has been one response that was less than supportive.

An administrator from another school wrote to a friend of mine: "CTS leaders probably have some ready answers to the assertions and allegations here, but they cannot voice them" [due to confidentiality restrictions]. The problem with that argument is that the CTS administrators had every opportunity to bring out their big guns against me during the Board Ad Hoc Committee review and during mediation. They did. All the accusations are in the documents, most of which are mentioned in my blog. Believe me, if they had anything more on me they would have used it, instead of making up stories about my failure to attend chapel.

This same man also wrote about my going public: "[I]n the end, it will hurt her. Any prospective employer has to be thinking: 'Here's trouble coming, trouble we don't need.'" He's right. In most cases this fear silences people. The fear of being blacklisted stops professionals dead in their tracks. (This is precisely what the CTS administration was counting on.) And, it silenced me. But dear husband John insisted that this story must be told. If I cannot find employment, so be it. Sometimes the truth is more important than employment.

No comments:

Post a Comment