Monday, September 04, 2006

"MY CALVIN SEMINARY STORY"

I launched a blog by that title early this morning--actually late last night.

THE SEVEN BRIDGES OF GRAND RAPIDS

First a comment about our morning. Husband John and I got up and took a 5-mile walk with Mayor George (a long-time neighbor in Ottawa Hills before we both moved away). That's Rev. Heartwell who is the only ordained minister among big city mayors. (Correct me, someone, if I'm wrong.) There were several thousand of us who joined in. We managed to keep near the front of the pack and came home feeling like we'd had some good exercise.

THE NEW BLOG

As I say in the sub-heading of my new blog, my seminary story is not something that could have been kept under wraps, especially with a Grand Rapids Press reporter onto me. But apart from that, I'm not sure I should even want it to be kept a secret. I suspect there are others--especially women--who have faced similar circumstances. Indeed, I'm hoping that some of you out there will share your war stories with me. Maybe there's a new book here. I've even contemplated a title: Zapped: Smart Women and the Struggle for Success.

If the site looks professional, there's a good reason for that. It's powered by TypePad, which costs a few dollars a year per site. But I never could have done it alone. A good friend volunteered to help me out as a contribution to the cause. She's the best in the business. In fact, she has her own consulting business and doesn't charge an arm and a leg. If you are interested in her services, check out her Blog Nanny site. There she gives some great tips and tells about herself and gives a contact email address.

My seminary site has an easy address: http://www.ruthtucker.net

My email: tuckerworst@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment