Friday, October 11, 2019

Back to the Home Place

I had forgotten how long it was since I posted. This blog is primarily a record in pictures for John and  me---our travels and fun around town, and I wish I had posted and could check back on August and September to find out what was going on in our lives. We made our usual visits to Petoskey and Leelanau County and we rambled around our own Kent County and adjoining counties with our MI county map atlas, but mostly we've hung around Carlton Gardens and endured a very rainy summer. Last weekend we went through the Upper Peninsula and on to Wisconsin enjoying beautiful colors and wonderful weather along the way. I always get goosebumps when I'm heading into Spooner and then further west especially when I actually arrive on the land. Those first 18 years of my life on that 200-acre farm hold incredible memories. Here are some pictures I snapped as I wandered around.