Thursday, March 24, 2022

Picking up Pieces from 2021

The biggest news from 2021 was the publication of my book, "Fired at 57: My Fight for Justice in Christian Academia." It was my first self-published book (through Amazon's free Kindle Direct Publishing) which I could not have done without the help of a former editor at Baker Publishing. I just got a notice yesterday that KDP had again sent my monthly royalty directly into my bank account. It's never enough to even have a nice dinner out on the town, but it's fun to see it accumulate. I named the administrators in the book and was warned that they'd sue me. I would like to defend my case before a jury, but after more than a year, nothing. Self-publishing means you're on your own for marketing. Kayla helped out with filming Tiktok videos (3 minutes or less). Here's the first one I did for Fired at 57 and two for other books.