Monday, January 07, 2019

Spending a Night in Del Rio

Left Laredo after packing our vehicle with more than $1200 worth of metal & glass yard art to transport to Grand Rapids and sell at our little shop. From there to Del Rio for a night before driving tomorrow to Big Bend National Park for our annual week of hiking. Here I am at Moore Park walking along the Devils River eating a cup of ice cream. Further down the path before we crossed the bridge to the other side John spotted a pair of birds. I've checked 3 different sites on the Internet but cannot identify them. Some birds look similar but nothing so beautiful as this pair.

My sister Jeannine, a big-time birder, just identified the bird as a great kiskadee. I am adding the online picture I had previously found (thinking it didn't match well enough), but a person (like Jeannine) is worth a thousand pictures!!


A