Sunday, April 26, 2015

Can't Get Over a Bad Spring Cold

It just seems like this cold will never end. For most of 2 weeks I've been dragging myself around, always thinking I'm turning the corner, only to realize that I'm huffing and puffing and coughing again, hardly able to walk as far as the mail box.

I keep reading, however. The best book I've ever read on marriage is Love and War: Twenty Years, Three Presidents, Two Daughters and One Louisiana Home by Mary Matalin and James Carville. I used to watch them spar with each other, Mary being the rabid Republican, and James equally rabid on the other side. I often wondered how their marriage could possibly last. The book is as funny as it is tender and honest---not hiding their difficulties in marriage. It helped a lot when they moved out of the Beltway and down to New Orleans, where they both work on projects designed to bring the city back to where it was before Katrina.

I found this picture of them online. I love it. What I would give to sit down in their New Orleans home for a couple of hours and just talk.