Monday, October 01, 2012

Up North

There's always a bit of romance in traveling "up north." We left home early Saturday morning and crossed into the Upper Peninsula before noon, then on to the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore and on to Ironwood on the Wisconsin border, our new favorite spot. We're now in my hometown of Spooner, where we drove around to old haunts yesterday and are now planning for lunch on the Yellow River with brother Jonnie and Sooky. Here are some Falls photos, the first Sable Falls and then a snap of me look out to Potowanamie Falls near Ironwood, also a suspension bridge built 80 years ago by the CCC. The colors were fantastic this year; I was tempted to stop and snap pictures ever 10 minutes. Here is also a photo of me in front of Gaslyn Creek school where I attended first grade---one inside and one out.