Sunday, July 31, 2011

HEAT WAVE

The political heat wave in Washington over the debt crisis is matched only by the hot temps across the Midwest and South. This morning John and I got up early before the heat got the best of us and ventured out for a little biathlon. We put our bikes in the back of our car and drove to a park down river where we left the car. We biked for an hour and ended up back home. Then we took the kayaks down river to where the car was parked and drove back home----a wonderful time in the cool of the day.

My baby---my church history text---(with perhaps the longest gestation period in the history of publishing) was born this week. I cradled it in my arms out of sheer joy. The back of the book lists RuthTucker.com (which I have just launched) as my main blog, though this will remain my blog for personal updates.