Sunday, April 26, 2009

Mountain Lion Lurking in my Woods

This morning when we opened our Grand Rapids PRESS, we saw this photo of a mountain lion west of Spooner, Wisconsin, my neck of the woods (where I spent the first 18 years of my life). My brother owns the farm now and from what I could find online it is hanging around within a mile or two of our farm, if not the property itself. My brother and his wife are planting trees there this week so they may spot it.

Someone asked me the other day why I hadn't posted for so long. I've been working virtually non-stop on the church history book, still playing catch-up from last summer. I was originally supposed to have it completed by now but it will be on into the summer before it's completed. John is a saint. He prepares wonderful meals, does my share of the yard and house work, AND edits chapters besides. We're planning a 2+ week trip out West in the fall, so the book's got to be done before then.