Friday, June 01, 2007

HOW AM I DOING?

I continue to receive messages regarding my situation at CTS----from people I know and people I don't know. One came today that was very supportive of me and concerned about how I was doing. I responded with the following message:

Thanks so much for writing and for your kind words.

No, I certainly don't mind questions. The CTS ordeal is a matter that no longer takes much of my time. Am I angry? Sure, but not in a way that is eating me up. I do want justice, and I do expect an apology----though maybe it won't come until long after I'm dead and gone. I'm happier now than I've ever been. It's the absolute best time of my life----except that I'm WAY too busy with writing and speaking. Since I left CTS last Aug. 31, I've taught a course in Italy, had 2 women's retreats in Japan, have lectured in Texas twice, in Indiana, in Grand Rapids several times (have 2 pastors' retreats coming up in Minneapolis and Palm Springs in the next 2 months), an interview on one of my books with FOX news next week, and am trying to complete 2 book contracts. John Worst is an absolutely wonderful husband; we bike and canoe and hike and travel for fun. I am so incredibly glad I'm out of CTS. But that doesn't mean I ought to just ignore what they did to me. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Neal fabricated 2 sets of notes ("Charges of Ungodliness" in my blog) and I regard that to be a very serious sin----worse I say than a man who was up for the highest post in the CRC a couple of years ago, who . . . . I think most people who read that section of my site (especially my colleagues) know I'm telling the truth and that I have significant support for my contention, but they don't want to deal with it. That in itself is a serious sin of omission.

You say: "It strikes me that if they had such a difficult time with you, could it not dawn upon them that perhaps they were mistreating you?" Nothing, they say, dawned on them because there's nothing in their mind to dawn. They claim that they as 3 administrators don't have one iota of gender bias, but many men have written to me saying that it was only when they came to realize that they had gender or race bias that they were able to begin to turn it around.

There is one very general question that people simply won't deal with: Did I deserve what I got? Yes or no. It's that simple.

So, the web sites stay where they are (and I still get a lot of hits), but I have long ago moved on to other things----though, unlike Paul, I DO look back!

PLEASE call when you're in town.